Sister Savannah Love

Sister Savannah Love

Friday, January 30, 2015

Email Week 42!

This week went by super duper fast! I swear it was just p-day yesterday or something! Oh well :)
Things have been going good. I love being a missionary more and more every day. The fact that I can keep going when it gets really really hard just proves that I am supposed to be here. Even on days when I feel like giving up, that feeling of needing to be here never goes away, and I'm thankful to have that sure knowledge that THIS is where Heavenly Father wants me to be and I am so grateful to be here :)
So this week started out kinda rough, I woke up with a super sore throat and ridiculous cough and so my body was aching from trying to breath and not die whenever I was coughing. My voice was completely gone, and you all know how much I love losing my voice -___-  Not being able to sing is the WORST.
But after a couple days it went away mostly, and I am feeling much better :)
Last night I'm pretty sure our neighbors thought we were dying, because there was this freaking GIANT spider on our wall and we were all screaming and no one wanted to kill it. Eventually Sister Stewart stepped up and killed it. (THAT'S MY MOMMA<3) Good stuff. Seriously it is going to be soooo boring in the future without having an extra 2 sisters in our apartment......having just me and whoever my companion is will just be lame hahaha.
We had another sisters only training meeting, and it was the best one so far. The theme was self-confidence and self-worth. So many wonderful things were said, that I personally, as well as many other sisters as well I'm sure, needed to hear. We talked about how we will NEVER be an exception to God's love, we are not invisible to Him, ever.. He loves us for who we are, simply because we are HIS. I know that these things are true, but it is always nice to have a reminder, especially when things get tough. Then at the end of the meeting, President Chambers gave each of us sisters a rose. It was so cute. I could not have asked for a better mission president for ME. He is the person I needed so that I will always have the desire to become better, because I respect him SO MUCH. He is truly wonderful.
Another fun thing from this week was that Sister Fesili and I sang "I Am A Child of God" in one of our wards. The coolest part was that I learned to sing the chorus in Samoan. We will make a video soon and send it to you on a flashdrive :) She sang the 1st verse and chorus in Samoan, I sang the 2nd verse and chorus in English, then we sang the 3rd verse together in English, and the 3rd chorus together in Samoan. Everyone was crying, especially when I started singing in Samoan. They were all so surprised! haha. It was super amazing! 
Oh, last week when we went out to this sushi place called Fuji for the 3rd time that week (oops), when we walked in, one of the workers ran up to us with my MISSING NAMETAG! hahaha, she said, "We kept it because we knew you would be back." I guess we're regulars now! :) hahaha. It's the best sushi in Utah though....forreal.
So this week, we met with Theresa again. She had read the chapters we left her and had been praying, so that was exciting. We planned on teaching the Plan of Salvation, but followed the spirit and kind of went over the restoration again, and she ended up having a few concerns about that. So we went over the Great Apostasy again and Joseph Smith's first vision, and it seemed to help her. She told us she had been praying but felt like she got an answer that the great apostasy may not have happened the way we explained....but she committed to continuing to read and pray, and at our next lesson we will be bringing Sister Ashdown, the best person ever, she used to be Catholic so we thought she could come help :)
Robert is still not coming to church or reading his scriptures on his own -__- and in our last lesson, we brought Joey Watson, so he could meet people his own age, and we've realized that in front of other people his age, Robert acts completely different, so the lesson was kinda of crazy.... :( We have been praying ALOT about Robert and decided that if we don't see any kind of progression this coming week, we are going to have to pass him on to the ward until he is ready to be committed. It's sad because we care about him so so much, but we need to be teaching people who want to be taught. His ward is awesome though, so I know they will take good care of him. 
Marcie is doing well, didn't make it to church this week because she was super sick, but boy I swear I love her more and more every time we teach her! This week she gave me a free straightner that is about 8000000 times better than the one I already had haha. She also gave me a couple cute bags! She is so loving<3
Christy and her son Aiden CAME TO SACRAMENT! We were so excited! We have been sending her a text with a different scripture every day to remind her to read and pray, and she says it has really been helping her stay focused on what she wants :)
The Nielsons last lesson went super well. We talked a lot about repentance and the atonement, and Brother Nielson says he wants to begin the repentance process, and even asked for the Bishop's number, so that was super exciting. They know how important it is, they just need a little more motivation, but they're headed in the right direction and that makes me so happy :) LOVE them.
Tonight we are going to begin teaching the Andrews. The mom and her 2 daughters. They are less active, but are trying to come back to church and Grace wants to be baptized. So I'll give you a little more info next week after we teach them :)
We've also begun teaching the Dolans, who are less active, and they really want to come back to church as well :) Holy cow their 2 little boys are the cutest ever...seriously.
Noelle is continuing to work towards going through the temple. We are going to temple square with her Saturdayn afternoon to talk about temples, and eternal families, so that will be really good because they have this incredible video on eternal families and I end up bawling every single time. It's amazing.
We also have an appointment tommorrow with a non member named Myra, and she is amazing! She is crazy busy though, and it is really hard to catch her. But she loves talking about God, so we're praying things go well and we can help her find peace in her crazy life! 
The Scholes that we thought we had started teaching last week ended up just wanting us to teach their son, even though they need it more than he does. So that was a bummer. But their 10 year old, Jordan is the cutest. He loves the Book of Mormon and misses church, so we will continue teaching him while his parents sit in the other room. He will be able to set a wonderful example for them to follow one day :)
So yeah, this week has been great. I am thankful for the many blessings I've been given in my life, especially on my mission. I am thankful for the wonderful members who take such good care of us, and who love sharing the gospel. Transfers are coming up, and if I leave, it will be really hard. But I am ready to go wherever the Lord needs me next. I want to help as many people as I can, no matter where I am serving. I only have 18 months to serve a mission and dedicate myself to this work, but I have an eternity to look back on it, and I don't want to waste a single second. I love you all! I challenge you to pray specifically for a missionary experience, and Heavenly Father will help you!! Love you lots!

-Sister Love

No comments:

Post a Comment