Sister Savannah Love

Sister Savannah Love

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Email Week 39!

MANUIA LE TAUSAGAFOU! (HAPPY NEW YEAR!)

Guess what everyone! This letter is going to be much more uplifting because this week was much much better! :) Of course it wasn't perfect, there are always going to be hard days, but I had Brother Watson give me a blessing and I immediately felt better and like I could conquer the world :)
We were both healthy and able to work this whole week, so that was a start :) 
Also, one night we got to have SUSHI for dinner and I almost cried when I realized that's what we were having because it has been FOREVER since I had it, and it was SO YUMMY!

We were able to visit and comfort Sister Llewelyn, and the spirit there was so strong. I know her husband is still there with her, and that they will be together again someday, forever. Her attitude is just so positive and uplifting, I really admire how she is handling the whole situation, she is a truly wonderful woman<3
We met a lot of non-members who are now potential investigators, we have lessons set up with them this week, and if it all works out we could have 5+ new investigators, because one of the families, the Miysaki's, from Guam, have 9 kids, but we aren't sure of all of their ages, but a few are definitely above age 8. We are excited! Then there is also the Erickson family, the wife is a not a member and loves us! We met her last week and she said we could come back on Tuesday, so hopefully that will go well also! 
Our current investigators, Jim and Robert, aren't progressing a whole lot, but they're not getting any worse either, so I guess that's good. We finally were able to meet with Jim for the first time in quite a while, and HE taught US about the Word of Wisdom, the Law of Chastity, Tithing and Fasting. He has so much knowledge, he just needs to act on his faith and BE BAPTIZED. We'll see what happens I guess :)
Robert hasn't been coming to church or reading his scriptures, but our relationship with him has definitely strengthened, so that has been good. We'll keep working with him, because he is a great kid and I want him to be happy!

We had a really good tracting experience, where we met a non-member named Bob whose wife had passed away in the last few years from cancer. We were able to testify of the Plan of Salvation to him and I think it did touch him, even though he wasn't interested in having us teach him. We are going to drop by again in the next few days to give him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet so he can read about it on his own :)
We have started teaching a less active family, the MCGee's, whose son wants to prepare for a mission, we have only taught them 1 lesson but hopefully we will be able to meet with them weekly because it was very hard and took a really long time to even teach the 1st lesson.
We have also started teaching a less active woman named Marcie who is just the sweetest! We met her tracting one day, and realized she was someone who had been given to us as a referral, but the person didn't know her address and we just happened to find her. Heavenly Father really does guide us and puts us in the right place at the right time, its incredible! 
Noelle is doing well, and still progressing! She couldn't come to church this week because her and her baby Denver were sick, but we went with Sister Watson and picked up her 5 year old boy Ezra so he could still come! He LOVES primary, it's awesome! He was kinda wild during sacrament meeting but we were just glad he was there! 
Speaking of sacrament meeting, it was so funny, since it was testimony meeting, I already knew I was going to go up and bare/bear (I have no idea which spelling is right haha) my testimony, but I tricked Sonny (Watson) into thinking I was nervous, and said, "I'll go up if you go up." and he said, "No, I'LL go up if YOU go up!" I made him promise, and then immediately I went up haha I heard him say "DANG IT!" So he went after me and told everyone what I did haha I was embarrassed but it was funny! But when I was bearing my testimony, the Watson's were making faces at me and the Bishop saw them, it was so funny! I almost embarrassed them but I didn't :) Because I'm nice haha.

We got another new ward mission leader which is always exciting! He and his wife (Brother and Sister Wing) have been working GREAT with us just in the last week, and they are so excited about missionary work, I love it! :) We taught them the 1st discussion and it was one of the most powerful lessons I have ever been in. Even though they are active, I could just feel the spirit so strongly testify of what we were teaching, and it was incredible. Brother Wing said a lot of amazing things that really inspired and encouraged me along with my blessing from Brother Watson, and my attitude has changed! I am no longer focusing on the bad. I know I can do anything with the divine guidance that I have been given. I know there are so many people at home, as well as here in my mission, that love me, and want me to succeed in all I do, and I am so grateful for that support system :) I couldn't do it without you all <3 

We had exchanges this week as well, and mine was awesome! I went with Sister Olszowka (Oh-sheff-kuh) from Hawaii and worked in her area, Sandy YSA! We basically just taught lessons all night and morning and it was awesome! Their recent convert is so golden it almost hurts your eyes! She was truly prepared! They taught and baptized her in just 11 days! Truly a miracle! Oh my goodness, so on the exchange the guy who was feeding took us out to pizza and it was so uncomfortable because it felt like an awkward date. Apparently people think that because we are in public it is okay to not bring a female....we assumed he was bringing one but he didn't. So it was us and him. Then he asked us weird questions like if we had boyfriends waiting for us at home.....so awkward haha. Sister Olszowka and I were laughing so hard when we got back to the car. She said, "Wow, I never thought I would be on a date on my mission!" Haha, me either!

So those were my adventures this week. I really really truly love being a missionary and I know now more than ever that I was called to serve in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission at THIS SPECIFIC TIME for a reason. This was no accident. I know I was meant to meet these specific people that I have grown to care about and love so much. The people of Sandy, as well as Riverton, will always hold a very special place in my heart. Speaking of Riverton, Sister Bailey (from the MTC) got transferred to my old stake! SO COOL! She told me that Lawrence (my recent convert) is speaking in stake conference in February! I SOOO wish I could be there! :(
I can't believe I am basically at my halfway mark. That is just impossible it seems. Time goes quick when you're working hard AND having fun.

I truly want everyone who reads this to know that our Savior, Jesus Christ LIVES, and he loves YOU and knows YOU individually. He suffered for each one of us because of that love. He can help you through anything, if you will just let Him. If you don't know that He loves you, pray, and ask God. God is all-knowing, and the only way you can receive a true answer is through asking God. Those who have never put any true effort into reading the Book of Mormon, I encourage you, and plead with you to do so. That book is the word of God and it will change your life. It has changed mine and continues to make me strive to be better every single day. Trust in God and He will answer you. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Redeemer, the Son of God, amen.

I love you all, have a wonderful week and a very Happy New Year! :)

-Sister Savannah Brekay Love

No comments:

Post a Comment