Lovely People <3
I missed you all an extra lot this week. Everyone keeps talking about families and I'm like GAHH I miss mine haha :) I love you all so much and am so blessed that I will be able to be with you FOREVER! <3 We are truly so blessed to know of these eternal truths<3
Anyways, I am so jealous of Addison! I bet he is having the TIME OF HIS LIFE in Europe! Wow! It's his dream coming true! Haha. I love that Adam and Eve story you sent me. I laughed pretty hard!
This is the story I sent her! Thanks Sister Degraw!
Anyways, this week has been kinda crazy! Lots of good things but a few sad things as well! Lots of people were cancelling/rescheduling our appointments this week so that was a bummer! Plus it's hot as heck so we're kind of dying, Luckily basically everyone here has a good working air conditioner! YAY! So last P-day after emailing I finally got my hair re-permed and I LOVE it! Now I don't ever have to do anything to my hair in the morning, I can get ready much faster, I love it!
We had a zone training meeting instead of district meeting this week, it was really good! It was fun because our zone leaders made us all wear blue so we could be "united" haha, they're gonna pick a different color every time! It'll be fun! :)
Something that was kind of a BUMMER was that we had second transfer training and NO ONE TOLD ME! So I get a call at 2 (it started at 1:30) asking if I was coming and I was like WHAT!?!? haha. So I was a bit late but I got to be there for an hour or so and it was awesome because I got to see my MTC buddies! Sister Mullings and I had an amazing talk and she really lifted my spirits about some things that had been bringing me down! I LOVE HER SO MUCH! She's the best. We'll be companions one day, I know it :) Anyways, the training was great, I learned a lot. I can't believe that I'm almost done training! In a little over a week I will NO LONGER BE A GREENIE! :) hahaha. Transfers are July 16th, time is going by wayyyy too fast! It's crazy!
So there were a lot of hard things that happened this week. So I already mentioned that lots of people cancelled/rescheduled and then cancelled again almost all of our appointments for the week. We were dropped by 2 investigators, Spencer (the 14 year old boy who was on date for July 12th) and his aunt Maggie. We are so saddened for them, because we know that the lasting happiness they are seeking can only be found in the gospel. We keep praying for them and we still plan on stopping by to see if there's anything we can do to help them.
BUUUTTTTTTT, as always, the negatives were definitely outweighed by the positives, especially this week. Yesterday, 3 less actives that we have been working with for a LONG time, came to church for the first time in FOREVER. We were SO EXCITED! It was definitely a miracle! Then after church we had a lesson with Haley, the 13 year old girl we have been teaching. She is now on date for AUGUST 9TH! I now have 3 baptisms on that day, and I think that is truly a miracle because I know that day would be really hard for me because I'll probably be thinking about the wedding that I'm missing, BUT I'll be having 3 baptisms so I will still be having an awesome day, and I am so excited :) Sister Stewart and I will be doing a musical number at the Alex and Adice Broom's baptism, we aren't sure if the baptisms will be combined or not, but either way the day will be AMAZING!
Another amazing thing was that Katie, someone we have been working with for a while said one of the nicest things anyone has EVER said to me. She told Sister Stewart and I that we are the only people who have truly touched her since she has been here. That her worst fear is us getting transferred, because she loves us so much and appreciates everything we've done for her. It's nice to know that I am making a difference here, because some days it doesn't feel like it. But small things like this completely cover all of the negative things that happen and I am so thankful to be a missionary in this area at this time. Also, in a Relief Society lesson yesterday, someone mentioned me. They brought up something that I said a loooong time ago when I first got here, and said that it was exactly what they needed to hear. Even though it wasn't ME that touched them, because it was totally the spirit, I'm so happy to be able to be a vessel through which Heavenly Father can testify and uplift others. Being a missionary is truly the greatest calling, I will never ever regret my decision to serve a mission. There is nothing better I could be doing at this time. I miss you all alot but being a missionary is definitely what I need to be doing right now :)
Another awesome thing is that this Saturday night we get to go to TEMPLE SQUARE! We have a scheduled temple ground tour with the Brooms that night! We are super excited!!!!!!! It's gonna be awesome! So I'm sure there will be lots of pictures from that next week :)
Anyways, I gotta get going but I love you a super duper lot <333333 Read your scriptures every day, go to church every week, say your prayers ALWAYS, you will be blessed. I promise you that. You will feel Heavenly Father's love for you in any time of trial if you just seek Him out daily. I am so thankful for the comfort I receive from Him every single day, I'm thankful for the power of the preiesthood. It is so sad to me that anyone can fall away from the church after experiencing a priesthood blessing. I received one the other day when I was super sick, and even though I asked for a blessing of health, I received a blessing of comfort and counsel, which is what I actually needed. I was comforted beyond what I ever could have imagined. Heavenly Father knows what we need better than we do and I'm so thankful for His guidance and that He knows us so well and can help us through anything. My testimony of prayer deepens every single day. Heavenly Father is ALWAYS listening, so don't forget to talk to Him :)
I LOVE YOU ALL!<333 HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK! :)
-Sister Love
No comments:
Post a Comment