I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ALL GOT A PET FISH?! HOW DARE YOU?! That thing better be dead and all traces removed by the time I come home. I refuse to let a disgusting animal like that live in our house :). I'm glad Addison had a blast in Europe, send me more pictures! From euro Disney and stuff :)
This week was....interesting. Haha, but let me start off by saying that I AM STAYING IN RIVERTON FOR AT LEAST SIX MORE WEEKS! YAY! :) (pretend you didn't already know that cuz I think Sister Ahlberg text you and told you haha) Sister Stewart was transferred to West Jordan! She had been here for 6 months, so it was bitter sweet for her because of leaving all of the people she loved, but she was also really excited for a fresh start! My new companion is Sister Dean! She is from Hesperia, CA, cool huh? I told her that's where Papa and Grandma live. She said she lives right by the high school, I have no idea where that is but maybe Papa and Grandma do haha. So yeah, 2 southern Cali girls together! It's awesome! She was in the MTC with Sister Stewart, so she has been out 9 months! She won't tell me how old she is so I assume she is much older than me. I may have heard her say that she will be 28 when she gets home from her mission, but when I asked her she wouldn't repeat it haha. She was actually Sister Reed's trainer, so that's interesting haha. So both of Sister Reed's companions are now together! Haha, cool huh? Anyways, we have some awesome goals set and we are determined to reach them! We are determined to have an amazing transfer! This week we have been focusing on introducing her to all of the leadership and building better relationships with them. It has been going great! I love the members here more and more every day!
BUUUTTTTTT, let me back up a bit...
So. Last Monday night, Sister Stewart and I went to our appointment with our new investigators, and all of their family was visiting from Las Vegas, so we weren't able to have a lesson. BUT they fed us authentic mexican tacos which were delicious..................... .
BUT Sister Stewart and I both woke up disgustingly ill, and realized we had gotten food poisoning..... YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!
It was a great way to spend our last day together....Imagine just regular food poisoning and then multiply the pure awfulness by 10 because there is 1 bathroom and 2 extremely sick people. Bathroom tag, it was terrible. ALSO, we had a district meeting AND zone meeting that day. We obviously didin't go to district meeting because we could barely move except to run to the bathroom (TMI? haha) and we just laid around miserably all day. At one point one of the ward missionaries, Brother Farr called just to check in on us so we told him we were super sick, so he was AWESOME and brought us gatorade, sprite and cranberry juice! We were so thankful! So we were just sick all day, then it came time for our "mandatory" zone meeting, and we texted the zone leaders telling them we wouldn't be able to go, and so they came over and gave us blessings. Of course like basically ALL of the Elders in our zone came which was AWESOME since we were absolute messes and our house smelled disgusting haha. But after the blessing, Sister Stewart started to feel better, I wasn't throwing up anymore but I still felt awful, so I went to sleep at the Bradshaw's house and Sister Stewart went to the meeting where they were announcing transfer calls. Long story short I was weak and exhausted the rest of the week, so even when Sister Dean got here, we couldn't go out much. We spent lots of time working from the apartment. I was catching her up on everyone we worked with and we were setting awesome goals! So even though we couldn't go out, we got lots of work done and it was awesome! I am feeling much better now, thankfully, and we are going to work SO HARD this week to make up for the awfulness of last week. We are excited :)
My new zone is awesome! Lots of people I've never met, I'm excited to get to know them all! Sister Tilleman and Fameitau both stayed so I'm super excited about that, I LOVE them so much! :)
Random fun things that happened over the last week was that we had dinner with the Lord family, at THE LORD'S HOUSE! No biggie. hahahahaha I'm so funny! But seriously, what an awesome last name! Plus, they were an AWESOME family. It was the most fun dinner I've had in a while! They were great!!!!!!!!! We're going by again on Tuesday for an FHE because they wanted us to come back soon :)
Another fun thing is that I've been getting to drive, since Sister Dean doesn't know the area, it's frustrating to have to direct her everywhere, so we agreed I should just drive haha. I missed driving! It's different in Utah though because people are insane drivers haha but I'm safe so don't worry about me! I refuse to become a crazy Utah driver ;)
One sad thing about this week is that we are officially no longer covering the Castlewood and Riverton 19th wards :( so Haley is now being a taught by new missionaries, but I got to meet them and fill them in on everything in those wards, and they're good missionaries, Sister Williams and Arojo (sp?) so I'm sure it will be great! I told them to keep me updated so I can go to Haley's baptism!
We've been getting lots of referrals and meeting AMAZING people because of it. Last night we met the Hogue family and they were SO FUN! Instantly we were all laughing and having a great time, we're going back for an FHE next week :) We actually set up a TON of FHE's yesterday, we are really excited! The work is about to pick up here, I can feel it :) Good things are coming this way Riverton, get ready!!! :) So Katie, one of my favorite people ever, is having a hard time accepting that Sister Stewart got transferred, she said she had such strong faith that we would both stay because the Lord knows she needs both of us. Right now we're focusing on talking about how the Lord knows what's best for each of us, and there must be someone in West Jordan who needs Sister Stewart even more, she says that makes sense but she says if I leave her too she'll wring my neck hahahahaha. But seriously, Katie is one of the most wonderful people ever, I absolutely ADORE her. She is amazing, and the progress she has made in coming back to church over the last few months has been incredible. Her husband and kids went with her last week too! It was awesome! :)
Another person we've been working with, River, just decided that he wants to come back to church and receive the priesthood! We are super excited about that as well! Lots of good things happening! We'll be picking up a new investigator on Thursday as well! GOOD THINGS HAPPENING. SO EXCITED!
I say this every week, but seriously, serving a mission is THEE best decision I have ever made. Being a missionary is the most fulfilling, though most difficult thing I have ever done. Every second is worth it though. Every single second. People NEED to know about the happiness that this gospel can bring to their lives. I cannot imagine how different my life would be without the simple truths that I know. I know that the same church that Jesus Christ established while he was on the Earth, was truly restored to the Earth by our loving Heavenly Father and His Beloved son Jesus Christ, through a modern day prophet, Joseph Smith. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon, and that we can become closer to becoming like Christ through following the teachings in that wonderful book. I know that Christ lives, and that we too will live again after this life. I know that death is not the end, that we ALL have the opportunity to spend eternity with our families AND with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ if we just have faith in Him and His eternal plan. I am so thankful for repentance, without the ability to be completely forgiven of every wrong choice I've made, I would be lost. I am especially thankful to be able to partake of the sacrament each week. To remember all that Jesus Christ did for us, all that He suffered through so that WE could be happy. Before my mission, I took that opportunity for granted, and I never will again. I am so grateful to be part of this wonderful and true gospel, to have a modern day prophet, Thomas S. Monson to look to for guidance. I am thankful for the revelation He receives. I am especially thankful for the love I can feel from my Heavenly Father each and every day, for His allowing us to wholly rely on and trust Him, so that we will know that no matter what, everything will be okay.
I love you all so much. I know that these things we have been taught about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are TRUE, and I am so thankful for that knowledge. NEVER take it for granted! I love you so so much<333 Have an amazing week!<333
-Sister Love
No comments:
Post a Comment