Familyyyyy<3
I miss you guys tons but I love being a missionary more and more EVERY DAY. I don't know if i already told you about the 31-day atonement study packet President Chambers made for all of us, but we started it last Tuesday and it is absolutely INCREDIBLE. I get so excited to study it every day. He is such a smart guy and he must care SO MUCH about us so much to have organized this for us. He's seriosuly a great guy, I am blessed to have him as my mission president. I have already learned so much from the study and we're only on day 7. The more I learn about the atonement, the more my desire truly grows to become a better missionary and help others be able to partake of the blessings that come from it. My favorite thing I've learned so far is that not only does the atonement make it possible for us to be forgiven, but it makes it possible for US to forgive others. That's something I've always had trouble with, when people hurt me, I want to hold it against them forever. But I DON'T NEED TO. Jesus Christ made it possible for ALL of us to repent and forgive in ANY situation and I am truly thankful for that. When something bad happens, we need to remember that instead of being angry, we should be THANKFUL, because no matter what, it will ALL be okay BECAUSE of the atonement. It is truly a "basic source for the healing of the soul". The Savior did so much for us and for that I am so incredibly grateful. I had someone tell me this week that it's when someone says "me too" that you feel a connection and a love for them. So when you say your favorite food is hot cheetos and someone says "me too", there is that bond that you have., Well, the Savior can say "me too" to EVERY SINGLE THING that we have ever gone through, everything we have experienced, and everything we have felt. Because he truly has experienced it all FIRST HAND. We are so incredibly lucky to have a Heavenly Father and a Savior who loves us all so much, individually. He did for us what we could not do for ourselves, He suffereed through it all alone, so that WE wouldn't have to. Yes, it is hard being away from home and all of you, but any sacrifice that I make is overshadowed by my extreme neverending gratitude. I am so thankful to be here and to help others knows what I know. Also, WATCH A MORMON MESSAGE CALLED FORGIVENESS, MY BURDEN WAS MADE LIGHT. I cried like a baby, it is truly incredible. Seriously, look it up and give me your feedback :) Also have you watcched/read the Character of CHrist talk by Elder Bednar yet?! TELL ME HOW YOU LIKED IT! TELL ME EVERYTHING! :)
Okay...sorry I'm just super excited about the gospel...haha. So now i'll tell you about my week.I tried Riverton water....which is awful. The whole time I've been here, people have told me to never drink water here that doesn't have a really nice filter. Sis. Stewart and I don't have a filter so we just buy water bottles. But i was finally convinced to just try a sip and geez it is truly awful. You can taste chemicals and ugh it's just BAD. Everyone laughed as I spit it out haha. Oh on P-day after emailing, my district (Elder Berch, Elder Eastwood, Elder ALder, Elder Mason, Sister Stewart and I) went to a place called Boondocks, which is basically Utah's version of Boomer's. It's free to mini-golf as a missionary so we did that, and then paid to do one go-kart race which was awesome! They have this thing called "slick track" which is where they spray water all over the track so it's super slippery and you drift everywhere. It was seriously so epic. They need to have slick tracks at Boomers haha. Mini-golf was super cool too because at the beginning of each round, you spun a wheel to see how you would have to do your first hit. So there was one where you had to hit with your eyes closed, one behind your back, one you got to be an obstacle for someone else's hit, stuff like that. It makes mini-golfing way more fun! I'm beginning to get a lot closer to my district and I really love them! They're no Salty Cucamunga but they're a close second :) The elders seriosuly LOVE Sister Stwewart and I because we always give them our food haha. Members give us SO MUCH FOOD to take home (like BOXES of pizza and whole cakes haha) and we usually don't want it so the elders come every couple of days and pick it up hahaha.
I HAD PANDA EXPRESS AGAIN! Haha the Spafford family knows my love for it so when we come over they try to have it...it's great haha. I finally got to meet our investigator Kali, she's 10 and she told me she wants to be baptized "SO BADLY" but her mom has trouble getting to church. SO we're working a lot on her mom right now. It will happen, I know it will because she really wants it and WE really want it and most importantly, Heavenly Father wants it.
We had a REALLY GREAT district meeting. I learned so much, Elder Berch is a great district leader! He is really smart, he goes home in 4 months and he DOES NOT WANT TO haha.
Oh this one family we had dinner with, the son just got back from serving somewhere in Mexico and thought he was super cool because he always eats SUPER hot peppers. He dared me to try it and i did and it was nothing :) didn't burn my mouth at all haha, they were amazed. However i ate it using my hands so later on, i DID burn my eye when i rubbed it haha, so that was fun.....
We hung up all of our "ask the missionaries" posters. Did you get the one i sent you in the mail?? Haha, the color ones are better but we can only make copies in black and white so...yeah. Haha
Oh I've heard some really terrifying horror stories of biking in skirts so now every time we're riding i'm just super paranoid haha my skirt is gonna get torn off and caught in the chain...haha. But we've been walking recently since im super cool and popped both of my tires because i'm really smart and rode through a patch of grass that was full of stickers.... :)
Oh so the Bradshaw family is super great, and he other night we were at their house just talking for a bit, and Brother Bradshaw served in Native American reservations in Arizona, so we shared reservation stories (obviously I told Candise's stories since I've never been there haha) but it was super fun but also creepy! He had some creepy stuff happen to him! I love hearing reservation stories, Candise and her mom have told me so many!!!
Sister Stewart had a dentist appointment last Thursday in West Jordan, and the whole time I was wondering if Peter and Makenzye happened to be there visiting haha. I knew they probably weren't but still haha. It was ROUGH because in the waiting room the Queen Latifah show was on (-___-) which normally would have been fine for me to ignore since I am not exactly her biggest fan haha but guess who was on .... ZAC EFRON. Of course :( it was hard to distract myself and not watch his beautiful face, but I said a prayer and almost immediately after, the lady came and turned the TV off. It was amazing haha.
Oh did you get the texts/pictures from Sister Wooley and Sister Birch?! They are great! I love them! They offered and I was like "Sure my mom would love that!!" they both have missionaries out and have gotten surprise pictures and loved it, so they know how it is! You should send me the pictures they sent you :) Sister Birch actually recognized me because she is on the Missionary Mommas page and has seen your posts! It was funny! As soon as she saw my nametag she was like WAIT I KNOW YOU!!! haha. Speaking of knowing people, a few days ago I met Sister Ossolla who GREW UP IN THE WESTMINSTER 1ST WARD!!!!! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!?!?!?!?! She knows the Andrews, the Ralls, a bunch of people I know! We talked for like 30 minutes about Westminster and I updated her on families that were still there or had moved and stuff! It was so weird haha. She is great!
Oh later that day when we were trying to call our dinner appointment to confirm, we accidentally called Dominoes haha it was so awkward....we just hung up because we didn't know what to do hahaha. That was super random but I just remembered and wanted to tell you hahaha.
So, saving the best for last, JAUSHUA ZAMORA WAS BAPTIZED ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT 7. It was incredible. My heart was truly full. I was so happy for him. He told us he finally felt peace and comfort that he has been needing. He is going through a really really tough time, and my heart was broken because there was no way for us to help him. But we knew Heavenly Father could. We just sent him texts with scriptures throughout the day, but when he received the Holy Ghost, he said he knew he was going to be okay :) We were so happy.
So this week has been very spiritually uplifting. I truly love being here. Tomorrowwe have a sisters only training meeting at the mission office, which will be with ALL sisters in the mission, which means I GET TO SEE SISTER MULLINGS AND SISTER BAILEY! I am seriously so excited it's not even funny. I miss them so much, I'll probably cry when I see them haha. I'll get to see them Wednesday, well because there's a first transfer training that day! It's gonna be a good week! PLUS WE GET THE CAR BACK TONIGHT :) yayayayaya! SO yeah. Good stuff is happening here. I love people more and more every time I talk to them. SIster Stewart is great, we're getting along super well and when we aren't working we're laughing. I finally am getting to know my way around and remember all the bishops and ward mission leaders and which ward they preside over haha and which families are in which wards. There is so much to remember but it is much easier now! As soon as I get it down I'll probably be transferred haha. #MissionaryLife
SO yeah. I'm doing great and I'm happier than ever. I'd be even happier if Addison would write me a letter though :)
OKAY I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta get going, I have lots of people to write<3 love you sosososososososososososo much! And always remember, THERE IS EVIDENCE ALL AROUND THAT GOD LOVES US :)
-Sister Love
No comments:
Post a Comment