Sister Savannah Love

Sister Savannah Love

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Email! Week 7

Family<3
OH MY GOODNESS I CANNOT BELIEVE BISHOP GOT RELEASED :( I'm secretly kind of glad I wasn't there because I would've been a hot mess haha. But I know that Paul Armstrong will be an incredible bishop. That's just crazy to think that Bishop Rall won't be bishop when I get back, he'll have not been bishop for quite a while actually, haha, Everyone will be used to it except me and all my friends that are on their missions too haha.

Okay, anyways, sorry I am on a lot later than usual! Since it's memorial day, the Riverton office building where we usually e-mail is closed! So we had to use our stake center computer and Sister Stewart e-mailed first. But I'm here now (and eating Panda Express as I type :)  )

But HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! :) I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!! <3 This week has been kinda rough, but a lot of good things did happen,. We have a pretty good amount of potential investigators, we just haven't been able to start teaching them yet, because of memorial day weekend, and no one has been home haha. Also, I got 2 new skirts last P-day, and they're super cute :) so that's good haha. I hope you got my letter last week with all the extra papers haha, Jaush's baptism program, the Reeses recipe and the list of the new CD's I would love for you to send to me :) <3

ANYWHOO, like I said, this week has been kind of rough, but my district leader has been amazing at encouraging us and getting our spirits up whenever we have to call him to give him our almost non-existent key indicators list (key indicators are the numbers of lessons/baptisms/referrals/contacts and things like that) But besides that, we DO have some good news! Our investigator Alex and his little sister Adice are going to court tomorrow with their family to set up an official adoption court date which means THEN WE CAN SET UP A BAPTISMAL DATE! We are way stoked! Then soon after that they will be sealed in the temple, and they've already invited us :) We can go to sealings of people we've taught so that will be super fun :) I seriously adore the Broom family. Last time we went over, Brother Broom handed me a bag of hot Cheetos and said "I saw these in the store and figured I guess I owe ya since you're like teaching my kids or what not" haha he's so funny, dad and him would get along really well! 

Our sisters only training meeting on Tuesday was GREAT! We learned a lot about obedience and why we should strive to be exactly obedient. Obedience brings blessings and exact obedience brings MIRACLES! Buuuuuut the best part was getting to see SISTER MULLINGS AND SISTER BAILEY! I just about cried, I was so excited. Sister Mullings was like "it's like a family reunion!" and it kinda was. I missed them so much. We talked about how much we missed the elders serving in Rancho Cucamunga haha and about our reunion after all of our missions. Then I got to see them AGAIN the next day at our 1st transfer training meeting, for all the newbies and their trainers. Sister Mullings, Sister Mobley and I sat together at lunch (Sister Bailey had to leave early :( ) and just talked about EVERYTHING and laughed so hard. Ugh, I already miss them. That was lots of fun, and for the training we went really in depth into the first vision. President Chambers is seriously the smartest man ever. I look up to him so much. I learn incredible things every time he speaks.

Okay so this family we met has had like a billion dogs and they've all been named after Disney characters! Their wiener dog is named Gus Gus (the one in the picture I sent) and they've had Daisy, Chip & Dale and lots of others! Super cool, right?! Oh i found someone to perm my hair (if i don't get transferred) because the only day she was free before transfers is our zone activity cuz it's the last p-day before transfers and I don't wanna miss it because 2 elders in my zone are going home :( Elder Mahrt and Elder Toborg. So if i don't get transferred she's doing my hair on June 9th. I DO NOT want to get transferred :( transfers are on June 4th, and in our mission you don't know if you're being transferred until the day before, so you hardly have any time to say goodbye to people and pack :( ugh. I just want one more transfer here at least, so I can see Alex and Adice get baptized :) 

We had the most awkward dinner this past week, I won't tell you their name but it was seriously so uncomfortable, plus it was SPAGHETTI :( we finished eating in like 10 minutes and then just sat awkwardly for the rest of the time haha. All other dinners have been super awesome though :) The one we had yesterday was my FAVORITE because we showed up and a bunch of teenage girls answered the door and we were like "uh..." and Heather (the one who lived there) was like "my parents went out of town so I invited some friends over to eat with us" It ended up being a BLAST. Made me feel young ;) haha plus the food they made was actually really good, they all brought something, so it was kinda like a potluck haha. 

I went on my FIRST EXCHANGE! Not gonna lie, I was not looking forward to it at all because I didn't wanna leave my area (I'm getting really attached) and I was scared of being with one of the sister training leaders because I didn't really know them, but Sister Revelorio is AWESOME! We got a long SUPER well! She is from Guatemala and has a super cool accent, she's really funny and a GREAT missionary!!!!! I definitely look up to her a lot :) and her area was pretty awesome too! I met Sister Redger's companion's cousins (I think) haha. They said they had a Sister Shipman serving in Long Beach, CA and I'm pretty sure that's Sister Redger's companion's name haha. The only thing I didn't like about their area was the amount of deer head's on everyone's walls :( YUCK. That stuff is so creepy. But we had chocolate covered strawberry popsicles (which I had never heard of but they are DELICIOUS) so that made it okay. Which reminds me, you know those blended fruit popcicles you recently started getting and I ate them all the time when I was sick? I HAD ONE THE OTHER DAY:) made me think of my mommy! :) SO yeah my exchange was awesome.

Anyways, I truly love every minute of being a missionary, even if sometimes I feel like I would rather curl up into a ball on the ground and take a nap, but every second of hard work is totally worth it. I know that. My testimony continues to deepen every single day and my relationship with our Heavenly Father is stronger than ever. I'm so thankful to be serving at this time when the work is truly hastening and there are so many people ready for the gospel. My zone has been getting lots of baptisms, and I know it's just a matter of time before Sister Stewart and I find some more prepared people :) I'm so thankful for the loving family and friends I have supporting me and writing me <3 I couldn't do it without all of your support. I love you guys so much :) can't wait to hear from you next week :)

-Sister Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment