Sister Savannah Love

Sister Savannah Love

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Email Week 44!

How many sisters does it take to pop a ginormous zit?
Answer: 3
This is disgusting and no one probably wants to read this but I'm going to tell the story anyways. So once upon a time, my companion woke up with a really sore shoulder, and when she got out of the shower she ran up to us and showed us her sore shoulder and there was the biggest and most disgusting zit I have ever seen in person. She was FREAKING OUT because she has never had a zit before, let alone a giant one on her shoulder that came out of nowhere. I didn't take a picture because then I would throw up every time I look through my camera. So we spent the rest of the night getting rid of it. I won't get too into detail but MAN it was nasty. It's still kind of there, but is getting better haha. 
Anywhoo, let's calm our stomachs and talk about normal missionary things.
Well, kinda.
I SURVIVED THE AQUARIUM. I made it all the way through every exhibit, ALIVE, and guess what, I DIDN'T EVEN CRY. You should be proud of me. Though, Sister Stewart did help me by telling me when to shut my eyes haha. Occasionally she was too late to warn me and I once saw this fish that was freaking bigger than me and I nearly fainted. Disgusting. I don't know how anyone enjoys looking at those 
-__-
Anyways, Sister Stewart and I bought these cute matching lobster bracelets, because of the show FRIENDS! 
"HE'S HER LOBSTER!"<3 and she is my best friend lobster<3 :)
Anyways, okay, time for the REAL missionary stuff. Let's get down to business.
We have been singing in a ton of sacrament meetings, which has been super fun! We have had to drop/turn over to the ward a few people who really just don't have a desire to move forward. We will always be praying for them though.
But, good news is, we taught Anthony again, and he ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE :) February 28th :) I am super excited about it, he didn't even hesitate. He knows he needs to. His family are all members and they are super excited as well. Anthony is just awesome! 
We are also still teaching Elaine, and she said she wants to be baptized, but doesn't want to set a date just yet, and that's okay. We want to help her feel ready :)
Jordan is the cutest kid ever, we are taking him to temple square this week for a lesson, we've almost taught him all of the lessons, he came to church with us for all 3 hours, and has become good friends with some of the Watson boys, so that is exciting :) It has been so cool to see him come back to church and be such an amazing example to his parents.
Noelle has been sick so we haven't seen her this week, but we should be seeing her tonight :)
Lots of things went well this week :)
We got to teach mission prep yesterday and that was a blast since we knew most of the kids there. We did some roleplays for them and stuff like that. One of the girls, Marin, came out with us last week and it was so much fun! She did awesome in lessons! She just got her call to Lima, Peru, and is so excited :)
Anyways, transfers are this week, which is crazy, time is seriously just flying by! I've been in this area for 6 months with Sister Fesili as my companion for 4 1/2......we'll see what happens! :) I'll go wherever the Lord needs me next :)
I love you all! I want you to know that I believe this gospel is the true church of Jesus Christ, the same one he established when he was here living on the Earth, and that we can know that for ourselves, by reading the Book of Mormon, and praying to know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I invite you all to do those things, even if you have done them already. Trust in God and you will receive an answer.
Best wishes this week :)

-Sister Love

No comments:

Post a Comment