This week was kind of lame because I was sick so I hardly got to do anything! But we found splits for Sister Fesili so she went out and taught all of our lessons while Sister Watson took care of me haha. Last week we had 0 lessons and this week we had 5 so that was exciting except for the fact that I didn't even get to go to any of them -__- of course I get sick the week with a bunch of lessons. But these lessons were with people we have recently started teaching so I know there are more lessons with them to come :) That is if I'm not TRANSFERRED. I can't believe it is that time again already!! We find out Tuesday afternoon....at this point, I have no idea what is going to happen. I have a different gut feeling every day. I feel like Sister Fesili and I have gotten good work done in this area, even if it may not show "number" wise. It's not the numbers that matter, it's the people, and I feel like we have really helped people. Sometimes that is hard to remember when you haven't had a baptism or even a REAL investigator in months, but I know that I am successful as long as I continue to try and don't lose faith. Sometimes I want to give up, but always when I'm at my lowest point, someone reminds me of the miracles I've seen and been a part of. I remember the times Heavenly Father has so clearly answered my prayers. I remember the experience I had that made me realize I wanted to serve a mission.
It's hard knowing that I am missing out on things at home and in my friend's lives, but I know that I needed this experience so that I can become the wonderful woman that Heavenly Father knows that I have the potential to be. Honestly, who knows where I would be if I had changed my mind and chosen to stay home...I would've fallen back into the same old habits and probably thrown my life away. I don't even want to think about it.
I see so many people who just so clearly need this gospel in their lives, and it breaks my heart to have them reject it, but I know that someday "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ."
Sometimes I just wish it were that day already, but I know that this is my time to show Heavenly Father how much I appreciate all He has given me by sacrificing most of those things to be here, and stick it out through the hard times.
Prayer is just a necessity. I would not still be here if I didn't have the ability to talk with, and plead with my Heavenly Father at any time of any day.
Wow this is the most depressing sounding letter of my life haha.........
Anyways, haha. I get to skype you beautiful people in just 10 days! Crazy! Start writing down things to ask or stories to tell and stuff so that we aren't just sitting there trying to think of what to say haha I don't want to waste a single one of the 40 minutes we've been given.
I love you bunches!
Don't get too caught up in the hustle and bustle of this season, always remember the real meaning of Christmas! :) Love you!
-Sister Love
No comments:
Post a Comment