That's Hello in Samoan :) My new companion, Sister Felisi, (FAY-LEE-SEE) straight out of the MTC is from Western Samoa! She learned English in the MTC for only 8 weeks, so there is a bit of a language barrier, which can be hard sometimes, but it doesn't even matter because she is WONDERFUL! I just adore her! She's darling. We get a long great. We are still in the same area of Sandy by the way. We work hard and have so much fun! When I got the call that I would be training this transfer, I was SO NERVOUS, but I have loved it so far.
So when Sister Gull and I got home Monday night (the night that they call to tell you if you're training), I turned to her and said, "NEITHER OF US ARE TRAINING!" We cheered! Haha. Then we took our phone out of my bag and saw that we had a missed call from Elder Bennett, an elder from my zone, also the AP (assistant to the president). I instantly knew why he was calling and SCREAMED! Sister Gull laughed and made ME call him back. He was being a punk haha, here is how the conversation went basically:
"Why do you think I'm calling you Sister Love?"
"I don't know Elder Bennett, why are you calling me?"
"Ehh...I think you know, so why don't you tell me."
"I have no idea, why don't you tell me..."
It went on like that for a couple minutes hahaha and finally he made me say it. I said.."Am I training?" and then he said, "CORRECT! You're training!" I had such crazy butterflies in my stomach. The next day we had a meeting for all of the missionaries who would be training this transfer. Only 3 new sisters were coming to our mission....so only 3 sisters were training. I can't believe out of 70+ sisters I was chosen for this huge responsibility. President Chambers talked about how it is a sacred trust. Heavenly Father trusts me to be the best missionary and example I can be so that this new missionary has a great mission. He talked about how these weeks spent with this new missionary would impact their entire mission! That made me even more scared! I did not feel capable! But after much praying and encouragement from a couple Elders and Sisters that I have gotten close to, I knew I could do it because Heavenly Father wouldn't have called me as a trainer if I couldn't do it. So far, it has been wonderful! So it has been super fun being with Sister Felisi as she tries to adapt to America. So far she basically hates all American food...hahaha poor girl. But she got to jump on a trampoline for the first time, luckily I filmed it hahaha. She held a bunny for the first time, and screamed and laughed as she saw her first train go by! The excitement she had when she invited Kiarah to be baptized and Kiarah said Yes, Wow that smile of hers was so cool! She was just way too excited! :)
Another awesome thing about this week, we FINALLY MOVED! We now have a whole basement and let me tell you, it's paradise. We are living the life. The members we live with, the Kisers are really spoiling us. We are so blessed! The work is really picking up already as well! The other day, Jim (a man we taught my second day in the area and haven't heard from since) texted us and said "Sisters, when can you come by? I really want to be baptized." I was like...um....WHAT?! So we are meeting with him on Sunday, he has apparently been going to church ever since we met with him which is AWESOME! Kiarah is now on date for October 25th, and I really think she will be ready by then so I am excited! We have also been meeting with a couple. They are wonderful people, I just love them. It is hard though because the husband likes to argue and wants PROOF that our church is true. I really just LOVE the guy but he is being kind of difficult haha. We'll see how it goes. His wife is darling, they made us some Pakistani food, and it was SO GOOD. YUM<3
Funny story of the week: during weekly planning the biggest and loudest fly I've ever seen in my life kept buzzing around us, so for the next 15 minutes Sister Fesili and I chased it down and finally killed it......we're basically ninjas...whatever :)
Okay, I gotta get going. I love you all, never forget it. Heavenly Father also loves you, unconditionally. He wants us to return to Him again someday, DO WHAT YOU NEED TO to make that happen, it is so important. I know that miracles happen when we are obedient and doing our very best. I love you bunches and pray for you all every day <3
-Sister Love
P.S. Addison you are going to be a killer Sebastian and Eric....WHO IS PLAYING ARIEL? Jozie you are going to be the cutest little Sally Brown there ever was! LOVE YOU! BREAK A LEG! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment