Sister Savannah Love

Sister Savannah Love

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Email Week 17!

HELLO LOVELIES<3
Can you believe that it is already August?! I've already been out for 4 months, that is INSANE. Time is FLYING by 
way too fast and it's scaring me haha. I told sister Wight and Mobley that David Archuleta was at the Jordan River 
temple last week like you told me and they FREAKED out hahaha. WE WERE SO CLOSE TO HIM! But it's okay
I'll just stop by his grandma's house again :) hehe. Random, but last night we had ribs for dinner and it made me 
think of Josie :) they were delicious! 

Anyways, this is totally random but I woke up with the weirdest song ever in my head hahaha it was the 
BACKYARDIGANS THEME SONG! So random right??  It won't go away! It's not like I heard it or anything 
(obviously) so I have no idea why it's in there! GET IT OUT! hahaha. anyways.....

So last P-day our hike was EPIC! It started pouring rain!!!! So fun! We went to Butterfield Canyon which is in 
Herriman! Our district leader made us turn around once the lightning and thunder started because he didn't want us
to die hahaha. Sister Tilleman and I SCREEEEAMED every time we heard thunder or saw lightning and started 
running and slipping down the mountain, it was kinda terrifying but so fun! haha best P-day yet!!! Though I had NO 
time to write any letters which was unfortunate! 

But then we had zone conference on Tuesday and it was INCREDIBLE! The theme was the worth of a human soul 
and I just loved it! There were lots of things that I really needed to hear! I wish we had zone conference every week
....every 3 months isn't enough! haha. That day was also Sister Wight's birthday so we were super cute and wore 
party hats that I bought the day before! It was fun :)

Honestly, starting Wednesday, this week was really rough on me. Sister Dean is having really bad sleeping 
problems so we've had to go to lots of appointments and pick up a sleeping test from the hospital and lots of other 
stuff, so we haven't been able to proselyte a whole lot this week and I've learned when you aren't working, you get 
down on yourself and negative thoughts creep into your mind. It seemed like nothing was going right. Sister Broom
told us that August 9th wouldn't be able to be their baptism date anymore. Haley's date was moved to September 
13th so I won't be able to go because it will have already been a whole transfer :( No one would let us do service or 
sign up for Family Home Evenings! We found a few amazing teaching opportunities but none of them were for US. 
We found some people who needed Spanish speaking missionaries, then an FLDS boy who we were so excited to
teach but then he decided he wanted to attend YSA so those elders have to teach him. Then there was a family 
who we were going to start teaching and THEY requested to be taught by elders, so our district leader and his 
companion are teaching them. I knew there were people in our area who were ready, there were just none who
wanted to be taught by US. There were 2 really rough days and I felt like I just wanted to give up. 

But then Elder Bake and Elder Eastwood gave me a blessing. The counsel that I received in that blessing was 
incredible, it really helped strengthen me and renew my faith. I was told that it was no mistake that I was called to 
this area and Sister Stewart as my trainer. That there are people in this area who need me to find them. After that 
blessing I was able to better recognize miracles in our area! GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING NOW :) There is a 
man named Lawrence that we found out about a few weeks ago. His friend told us he was interested in meeting 
with us, but he cancelled all of our appointments. So yesterday we decided to just drop by and finally meet him. 
We brought him cookies and talked to him for a while. He is great and we have an appointment with him on 
Thursday! I am so excited! At dinner one night, we got 9 nonmember referrals! It was CRAZY! We are still trying to 
contact them all, a lot haven't been home but still, it's awesome to have so many names to contact! We also met a
woman named Caprese who was SO SWEET to us. Her boyfriend is not a member, and she told us he would be 
nice but probably wouldn't be interested. The spirit was so strong as we talked to her and she started to cry. We 
are going back. We know she and her boyfriend are both prepared. We're excited. We also have new move ins that 
have 2 unbaptized children, the 9 year old daughter wants to take the discussions! We just found out about her so 
we haven't met her yet but we are so excited! Their 11 year old son says he is not interested but we are going to 
meet him and try anyways :) We also have 3 service projects set up for this week, and were already able to do one!
It was a lady who had SO MANY TALL WEEDS surrounding her pond in her backyard, you couldn't even see the 
pond! You can now see it! We aren't quite done yet, we're going back this week! But it was awesome! We really
bonded with her! Also, at one of Sister Dean's Dr appointments. SISTER MULLINGS WAS THERE! I got to talk to
her for like 45 minutes and it was so refreshing. That was the day that I was really upset and it was definitely a
tender mercy from Heavenly Father that she had an appointment around the same time. She is so amazing and
really helped me get motivated and feel better about everything. Also, another happy thing, I got so many new
clothes this week haha, members are giving us a ton of clothes, I love it! We were able to attend our WML's sons
baptism and met lots of members and a non memberwas there! We are stopping by her house tomorrow to meet
her more officially because we didn't know she wasthere until after she left! We joined the stake choir for Stake
Conference with ELDER BEDNAR in a few weeks!We're singing "Behold A Royal Army" :) it's a good one! So yeah.....
SO MANY MIRACLES THESE LAST 2 DAYS! I learn more every day about relying on the Lord because this is HIS
 work, not mine. I do love being a missionary,and when it gets hard, I need to just take a deep breath, pray, and
work my hardest, because those things together can always make me feel better. There is nothing better I could be
doing with my life right now than serving the Lordand I know that. 

I love you all so much. Don't ever be discouraged when it comes to the gospel. The Lord will always help you, and
as an Elder I know, Elder Alder, says, "Discouragement is 100% stupid." haha .I love you all a ridiculous amount
and think about and pray for you always! I wish you could meet the wonderful people here. You will someday and
I'm sure you might already feel like you know some of them haha. Seriously, this decision is the best I've ever made.

Okay I gotta get going! We have a P-day activity at the mission office with President Chambers and his wife!
It's gonna be a blast! I love you all! :) have an amazing week! <333

-Sister Love

No comments:

Post a Comment